Selzer-Ornst Construction Company reviews designs during plan development and provides recommendations on feasibility of construction methods, availability of materials and labor, time requirements for procurement, installation and construction, and factors related to cost including alternative designs or materials.
The Preconstruction Process involves the following:
- Cost evaluation of preliminary plans
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Preliminary Project Scheduling
- Materials/equipment purchases requiring long lead time procurement.
- Subcontractor prequalification and establish bidding schedules.
- Assist in obtaining building permits, approvals and special permits.
- Conduct pre-bid conference with Architect and prospective bidders, clarify project requirements and bid process.
- Preparation of spreadsheet comparing bids for review with Owner.
- Coordination of 501(c)3 Tax Exempt Purchases.